2/17/2015

Weekend project

Hi everyone! :)

I apologize if things have been slow these past few weeks, I have been stuck in both personal issues and managed to catch a nasty cold that left me in bed for days.

Health is coming back slowly but surely - thank God - and I was able to shoot a few new Berry rings that I had created back in January and start editing and posting them on my Etsy store.

My energy levels are still a bit low so I focused this weekend on a more relaxed project and picked up my paintbrushes and started this wonderful watercolour. The artwork is almost done, I still have a few touch ups to make here and there, but this painting was made for my craft shows for 2015. I'm still planning to make 3 shows this year, although I have 1 or 2 shows that I have yet to decide where to apply.


My latest watercolour piece, with highlights of wonderful metallic inks!


My dilemma is mostly a question of timing as me and my wonderful boyfriend will move to a bigger apartment this year. I have many ideas in mind, and that would mean new displays and all, but I would rather get those projects started once we've moved and settled in. We have many reasons for looking for a bigger place, but the most exciting one is that we are looking for an extra room to be converted in a real atelier...!! I'm so excited and I don't even know where to start on how to organize it and how to make it my own, but I have to remind myself first, we have to find the venue. Then I can dream about turquoise walls and white shelves ;)

On this everyone it will be a busy next week scouting apartments but no worries I'll keep you all updated. And since I don't have any new updates for Kirameku, I decided to not send a newsletter for February.
Have a great week guys!

2 comments:

  1. I love that watercolor! So pretty.
    Good luck on apartment hunting. It will definitely be fun for you to decorate and make it your own. =0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim! :D
      I'm so glad you love my watercolour, I have so much fun creating them! :D
      Thank you for your food wishes! As a matter of fact, we found our apartment this week. It is pretty, cozy and has just enough spare space for me to have my own atelier - I just can't wait! :D I'll definitely be posting pictures once it will be done :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete